What is Emface
Emface is a facial rejuvenation procedure that simultaneously treats the facial muscles and skin, to lift and sculpt facial contours while reducing wrinkles. Think of it as a non-surgical facelift. No cuts, no needles, no pain, no downtime.
Clinical studies show that Emface works! A series of four treatments leads to a 30% improvement in muscle tone, a 23% lifting effect (particularly of the brows and cheeks), and a 37% reduction in wrinkles, with a 95% patient satisfaction rate.
These studies also showed that collagen increased by 26% and elastin levels rose 129%. Collagen remodeling and muscle fiber growth take time, so you’ll see optimal results three months after your last treatment.
How Does EMFACE Work?
Each Emface treatment combines two proprietary technologies.
High-intensity facial electromagnetic stimulation (HIFES technology)
- This patented, FDA-cleared technology was developed by BTL Aesthetics, the same company behind Emsculpt NEO, Emtone, and Emsella. While those body-contouring treatments use a high-intensity focused electromagnetic energy (HIFEM) to target major muscle groups like the glutes and abdominals, Emface employs high-intensity facial electromagnetic stimulation (HIFES) to stimulate the more superficial facial muscles, which slacken and lose volume with age.
- HIFES produces 75,000 facial muscle contractions in each 20-minute session. Targeted muscles include the frontalis, which elevates the brow, and the zygomaticus major, minor, and risorius muscles in the cheeks that elevate the corners of the mouth and lift the midface.
- These rapid contractions trigger cellular changes that increase muscle volume, density, and tone, giving the facial tissues more structural support.
Synchronized radiofrequency energy (Sync RF)
- Synchronized RF (radiofrequency) energy penetrates the dermis and warms the tissue to 40-42 degrees Celsius within a few minutes of treatment. This temperature is enough to induce new collagen and elastin growth, without affecting facial fat.
- Collagen and elastin are the structural proteins that give skin its elasticity, strength, and suppleness. We produce less of them as we get older, which leads to signs of facial aging.
- Stimulating new collagen and elastin growth in the dermis leads to firmer, smoother, and more elastic skin over time.
- The heat also builds elastin in the SMAS (or superficial musculoaponeurotic system), the fibrous tissue layer that runs from mid-scalp to the clavicle.
Cheek, Forehead, and Submental Applicators
You can treat up to two areas at a time. Lift your brows, tone your cheeks, and get rid of your double chin! In a painless 20 minute procedure. AMAZING!